Searching...
Friday, January 15, 2016

January 2016 Week 2

Friday, Jan 8
To accentuate the little bit of snow that fell yesterday, we got some more so it was quite beautiful in the morning. As a bonus, it was what the kids call "packy snow" - in other words, snowmen material! After school, there was some good playing outside and snow creating.




Saturday, Jan 9
The temperature dropped dramatically overnight so our anxiety over not finding frozen chickens in the coop is starting to rise. Jim will be getting a heat lamp for our precious little ladies to keep their coop a little warmer.

I added a new post to my creative blog and we got the Saturday chores done while Lauren and Katie had to work.

In the afternoon, I had a quick babysitting job for a relative of a friend that landed me on the 50th floor of the IDS near sunset. Spectacular!


Sunday, Jan 10
The temperature fell below -10 degrees this morning and it was certainly shocking! One of the eggs from the chickens was frozen already but the girls were safe and sound (and out in the run around lunch, when the sun was out). After church (Jim in Sunday School, me on Worship Team, Lauren + Natalie volunteering in the 2s and 3s room), we settled in for a Vikings game (not me, of course) and some weekend catching up in things like school planning and laundry and grocery shopping. We are heading for a busy week so it was nice to have an afternoon (mostly) at home.

Monday, Jan 11
Another super chilly day, mostly spent at home and inside! Lauren went up to Roseville to take the PLAN test, for the possibility of enrolling in college classes for her last two years of high school. I worked on a different version of my half-size, dot-graph planner, in daily form. I experimented with sewing a binding in so I wouldn't have to mess with a 3-ring binder or spiral. It could be JUST the answer I was looking for! The last time I did a sewn binding was probably more than a decade ago.


Tuesday, Jan 12
After our morning school session, we headed down to the Univ. of Minn. for the Physics Force Show. The walk across campus was incredibly chilly but the show was great. I think it was basically the same as last year but with a few different teachers. It was nice to see two female physics teachers, too!




I got a new doodling book and started a six-week series of One Zentangle a Day (posted on my creative blog

Katie started her KMIT (Kitchen Manager in Training) program at Chipotle. I think this isn't the EXACT day she "got her book: but I wanted to make sure I put it down somewhere!!

Wednesday, Jan 13
Today was an incredibly long day! Jim flew to Dallas for the day, with a 7:00 am flight (getting up before 5:00 am) and returning around 9 pm. Plus, Katie needed help with a flat tire in Minneapolis after 11 pm. Natalie and Jamie had SciGirls. The recap from the group is online HERE.


Thursday, Jan 14
Another school day, plus gymnastics and a little shopping in Excelsior for a birthday gift for Jamie's neighborhood friend. We also starting packing Natalie and Gloria for Winter Extreme tomorrow. After yesterday's long hours, Jim actually fell asleep right in his office chair around dinner time. It's hard work being a hero!


All photo collages in this post made with PicMonkey: crazy-awesome photo editing
Check it out - it's my FAVORITE!
Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

 
Back to top!