Searching...
Friday, August 01, 2014
Friday, August 01, 2014

Grandma Lu

I took these photos of my Grandma Lu at the interment of my Uncle John. I really had mixed feelings about taking them at the time. I don’t think I would have put them on the blog right away, even I had been caught up. I am adding this post in January 2015; my grandma is now gone. These 2 photos were important glimpses into her life since her son died.

At the site of my Grandpa Art’s grave. I came here many, many times with her when I was a child.
grandmaLu1

At her son’s gravesite. (He died about 8 months previously, from cancer). She was saying the prayer that she always liked to recite. I just HAD to take a picture, I wasn’t sure why at the time. I am now so glad to have it.

grandmaLu2

This is the prayer she liked to say
O help me Lord this day to be
Thine own dear child and follow thee,
Lead me Saviour by the hand,  Until I reach the heavenly land. Amen


May they both rest in peace.
grave_stone
Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

 
Back to top!