Searching...
Thursday, September 24, 2015
Thursday, September 24, 2015

Expert Level Applesauce

Our friend Dan McCarthy gave us a couple bushels of Honeycrisp apples and I knew they would be a big task to process. That's why I called my friend Sarah Landt because I remembered that she told me last year she had gotten a new KitchenAid attachment that made applesauce day a breeze.

In fact, the only prep on the apples was cleaning and halving them before cooking them in all my biggest pots (including one I had gotten from my friend Wendy Williams). Between the free apples, borrowed blender attachment and gifted pot, it was a hugely successful applesauce batch!


The kids' favorite part (besides eating) was watching the attachment "poop out" the seeds and skins from the cooked apples. This thing went directly onto my Amazon wish list for next year's crop off our own tree. What a time saver! A LOT less waste, too!

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

 
Back to top!