Searching...
Friday, September 18, 2015

Richard T Anderson Conservation Area

I keep a file in Evernote of activities that I'm considering with the kids - field trips, classes, places to visit. This location made it onto the list after seeing some Eden Prairie people discuss local hiking spots this Spring. I love to get out and do nature walks in the Fall. We are aiming for one field trip or activity day each week and this was on the roster for today.

It was drizzling, but I was pleasantly surprised when the girls decided we should just grab the umbrellas and give it a try.

They were super loud and exuberant in the woods. A little too much, I thought. But now I realize they really needed to unwind and destress and singing dumb songs at the top of their lungs while in a empty forest was what worked.

The views were fabulous and the area featured several different types of biomes. It will be worth future trips back!


Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

 
Back to top!