Searching...
Monday, January 19, 2015

Second Harvest Heartland for MLK Day

Instead of a full day off school for Martin Luther King Jr Day, we had a half day and then went to Second Harvest Food Bank for another food packing session. We really had a great time volunteering on the GTCYS day of service and wanted to go back. On this day, they had another 2 hour slot available (most of them are 3 hours), which was just the right amount for our varied skill and energy levels! During our school time, I also read the entire I Have a Dream speech and talked about its contents. I was brought to tears by those amazing words and feel so privileged to have the time to devote to helping other people once in a while. I wish it were more. My goal is once per month and hopefully we can work up from there!

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

 
Back to top!