Searching...
Friday, May 23, 2014

First Day at the Beach

beach

The weather was finally warm enough (for us, at least!) to go to the beach. We went to City Hall to get our parking permit and then headed out for some fun. I threw my instant read thermometer into my purse so I could check the water temperature. It was MUCH too cold for me but for the brave girls, it was NO problem! Later, I marveled at how much time they could spend jumping in, working together to build drip castles and how patiently they could watch and observe the fish. After this visit, I ordered some books from the library on fish identification so we could get better and figuring out what was in the water around the fishing pier. We noticed the visual differences in the water at this time of the year compared to the end of summer last year – particularly the water clarity, lack of weeds and complete absence of lily pads.

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

 
Back to top!