Searching...
Monday, April 28, 2014
Monday, April 28, 2014

Rainy Days and Mondays

At 9:00 am, this was the view out the back patio door window: puddles of water, soaking rain, below average temperatures.

IMG_9948

But meanwhile, all our students were still snug in their beds.

It was great that everyone could wake up naturally, without having to be dragged out of their beds and out into the rain first thing in the morning.

Today was the first attempt at group read aloud time after a nicely executed group effort lunch with the schedule created last week. The book choice was a total fail within the first 10 minutes so it was nice to have the freedom to say, “Let’s read poems instead!”

This was the second one in the book I got from the library last week.

 

Please Let Me Sleep All Day Today by Jack Prelutsky

Please let me sleep all day today,

I need to stay in bed.

I’m hardly even half awake,

I’m sure my eyes are red.

 

I try and try to open them,

but can’t remember how.

You say today is Saturday?

I’m getting up right now.

 

Yep, this was our old life, but the new one is much lovelier.

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

 
Back to top!