Searching...
Saturday, April 19, 2014
Saturday, April 19, 2014

The Batter Bowl

IMG_20140419_162348

This may look like an ordinary batter bowl but to me it represents the great lengths to which God has been going lately to show me that He is more than able AND willing to provide all my needs. My batter bowl got broken and I found a new one at Cub. While I was there, I had seen some signs about a $5 off $50 coupon that was available somewhere. I thought in passing – wow, that would be nice to have! But it was just a passing thought, which was nice because I used to get really stressed out about stuff like that.

When I was in the checkout line, the lady behind me got into a conversation with me and the cashier, who has been a working as a cashier here for more than 20 years! She noticed my total and asked if I had the $5 off coupon. I said no and she offered me hers! She had clipped it out in case she got up to the $50 threshold but hadn’t.

The $5 covered the cost of the batter bowl.

To me, it’s not about me getting the batter bowl.

It’s about how much God wants me to know I can depend on Him. That He would arrange for me to receive a tangible reminder (one of so many lately that I’ve had to start a list of them all). He does NOT have to prove that He is trustworthy and dependable or able. He just IS. That He would take the time to personally show me? That’s just fantastic!!

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

 
Back to top!